CPC (Cornwall Property Clearance) agree that clients will be compensated to the value of £12,000 for any damage caused at their address during the removal. Or compensated to the value of £1,000 for any single item, subject to the conditions set out below:
- Customer excess of £200 on all claims.
- We cause damage in areas which are unrestricted by movement.
- You must advise us at the time of the removal of any damage we inflict which may cause the malfunction of any electrical item.
- All your small items should be placed into strong boxes and wrapped safely.
- If we damage your items do to our negligence, we will endeavor to repair, or replace the item with something similar, or reimburse you for the value of the said item on the said day of the damage being caused.
- A claim must be reported to CPC while the staff are at the address on the delivery date. If the claim cannot be resolved at this time, a written statement must be constructed in duplicate, one for the client, and one for CPC. Stating the damage caused and how it occurred, and both parties need to sign and date the two copies. Our staff will then return one copy to CPC, so we can decide upon what action to take in regard of the said claim. We will endeavor to gather all evidence in a claim and our staff are instructed to take photos of the alleged damage caused by CPC staff.
ITEMS NOT COVERED:
- If items are packed by clients and leak causing damage, to any item.
- CPC cannot be held responsible for clients items which are forced through spaces which are to small, ie doorways, windows, and stairs.
- We advise small valuable items such as jewellery, money, to remain with the client, and CPC does not cover plants or computer memory loss of any kind.
- CPC can remove doors to gain access to an address if requested, but will not cover any damage related to this action. We will not remove windows or fixed cupboards to gain access, this should be checked by the client prior to the removal date.
CPC advise clients to read all the insurance details, and will answer any questions. CPC try to be honest and clear about their business operation.
CPC also hold Full Public Liability insurance for extra piece of mind for their clients.